Teagan Littlechief is a proud Cree mother from White Bear First Nations in southeast Saskatchewan. Performing for over 15 years, gave her the opportunity to explore many genres of music landing her in the land of country music and country/ rock. Over the 15 years Littlechief has released one album and multiple singles, many have been released nationally and internationally.
Teagan is a passionate singer animation to touch hearts and souls through her music. Littlechief can create melodies resonating with emotions and tell captivating stories. Teagan has a fire in her soul and a voice ready to ignite the stage. Littlechief loves to build out music, making the listener feel alive and leave them craving more. Say Teagan she has drawn inspiration from artists; the late Selena, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Tina Turner, Janis Joplin, and Martina McBride. Power house women as her idols, have taught Littlechief to never fear reaching for those high notes.
The amount of passion Teagan had for music exploded towards the end of 2021 while working with nationally famed Indigenous artist Sean Hogan. Together they have released 5 singles from 2021-2023, including the beautiful tribute song, Every Child Matters.
2022 and 2023 have been stand out years in Teagan's music career. Racking up numerous awards, including the last Queen's Jubilee Award. With awards came stage highlights, including singing in front of the largest crowd of her career; sing the National Anthem at the 109th CFL Grey Cup in English, French and Cree! The estimated Canadians tuned in on the game was 3.3 M viewers! From Anthem singing to large festival stages, to the ice rink in Regina singing the National Anthem for the Regina Pats, to intimate venues and acoustic shows representing the SCMA at the 2023 CCMA's in Hamilton, no stage is to small or too big for the artist voted "Saskatchewan's Next Big Thing" by 97.2 Radio in 2022.
Recently signed to multi service company Black Mountain Music & Media under a Management contract with Pinky Simms, Teagan is ready for the next level. Teagan Littlechief has faced a long road getting here, but as she is often quoted she is "Hell Bent, Heaven Bound"
Accomplishments/Shows Of Note
- 2024 Added to the Telemiracle National Cast
- 2023 SASK Music Nominee Country Music Artist of The Year (awards Dec 2nd 2023)
- 2023 SASK Music Nominee Contemporary Indigenous Artist of The Year (awards Dec 2nd 2023)
- 2023 SCMA Indigenous Artist of the Year
- 2023 The last Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Medal for Arts. The Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Medal is a tangible way for Saskatchewan to honour Her Late Majesty for Her service to Canada, while also recognizing the significant contributions and achievements by Saskatchewan citizens.
- 2022 SCMA Indigenous Artist of the Year
- 2022 Voted 92.7 Pure Country: Saskatchewan’s Next Big Thing
- 2023 CCMA Showcase Crown & Jewel Hamilton Sponsored by SCMA & MCMA jointly
- 2023 All Folk’d Up Music Festival
- 2023 Booked the return of Motivational Speaking Show “Rise Above”- Through music, humour and honesty one brave Cree woman will take you through her journey of addiction and domestic abuse shares her story of survival and winning 24 hours at a time!
- 2022 Canadian National Anthem for the 109th CFL Grey Cup 3.3 M viewer sung in English French Cree
- 2022 Bow Valley Jamboree
- 2022 Country Thunder Sask Beer Garden
- 2022 Main Stage Country Thunder National Anthem
- 2022 Happy Nun
Over the years Teagan has played several Casinos, festivals, opened for artists Emerson Drive
Teagan has released 10 singles and 1 album. Littlchief's music has been released to both Canadian and International radio and has done well in Canada. Teagan has seen her music consistently at the top of the Indigenous Charts. 1 single went #1 on the Canadian National Indigenous Chart, 1 single went #1 on the Sask Indigenous Chart. Littlechief has had great success with SiriusXM-Indigeverse. Her most successful radio singles to date "Hell Bent Heaven Bound", "Scar On My Heart" , "Every Child Matters", “We’re All As One”, “Indelible", “Song We Can Sing To” , "Angeline", "I'll Bring The Party"